Friday 3 October 2014

Preliminary Task - Animal Character Music Video Evaluation

My second preliminary task, the animal character music video, was more centered around the editing side of creating music videos, as audio and visuals were already provided for me. The task was to create an interesting music video to a song using the resources provided, which were a variety of different clips of animal characters singing and a soundtrack to go with it. Completing this task further enhanced my music video creating skills and gave me a better feel for what I need to do to create a visually interesting aid that goes with a soundtrack.

The interesting little project was fun, but taught me some valuable lessons to do with editing. The task helped me understand and get to grips with the fast paced editing of music videos, as the clips provided were often no longer that 2-3 seconds each. This surprised me, as editing this video was unlike any other I have had to do in the past. Last year for example, editing was far slower as it was a thriller opening and I was trying to clearly portray a story. Creating a music video I now know is far different, as longer clips can make the video a bit boring and lack that edge.
Another reoccurring lesson that I learnt from both preliminary tasks was the art of editing to the beat. This technique I included a lot in this particular video, as I found it made it more interesting and fluent opposed to having transitions and cuts randomly assorted.
I found this task valuable in discovering very important lessons that will help me in my own work in the near future, as I now know what needs to be done in order for my music video to be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment